Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's been a while.

I haven't quilted (or blogged for that matter) in a loooong time. Well, the day has finally come. I'm eager to quilt and ready to blog my heart away.


THE BACKGROUND: A few weeks ago I discovered this fabric in my scrap stash.

I absolutely love the design and the colors. So for the past few weeks, I have been trying to dream up a quilt to use this fabric. After searching the remainder of my stash, I was able to find 20-30 coordinating fabrics to accompany this lovely pattern.

THE PROBLEM: I only have 1/2 yard of my inspiration fabric. Also, I do not have very much of some of my coordinating fabrics (one as little as 1/4 yard). So, the pattern I choose for this quilt had to be extremely  forgiving in terms of yardage of particular fabrics. No patterned blocks for this one.


THE SOLUTION: I came up with a design that solves my 1/4 yard fabric problem! I will be taking strips of varying widths and angles and sewing them into strips. From the strips, I will cut 6 1/2" squares. The squares will then be sewn together to make the top of the quilt.


THE PLAN: A little lost? So am I. To make this all less confusing, I will be documenting my progress on this quilt with step-by-step pictures to clear away the fog of my idea. Over the course of this project I will be posting my progress; a post today, three tomorrow. I will have to see where the stitch takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment